Wednesday, January 13

will you sell yourself to buy the one you've found?

Heavenly Father,
You always amaze me.
Let Your kingdom come
in my world and in my life.
You give me the food I need
to live through the day.
And forgive me as I forgive
the people that wronged me.
Lead me far from temptation.
Deliver me from the evil one.

I look out the window,
the birds are composing.
Not a note is out of tune
or out of place.
I look at the meadow
and stare at the flowers:
better dressed than any girl
on her wedding day.

So why do I worry?
Why do I freak out?
God knows what I need
You know what I need

Your love is...
Your love is...
Your love is strong

The kingdom of the heavens
is now advancing.
Invade my heart,
invade this broken town.
The kingdom of the heavens
is buried treasure.
Will you sell yourself
to buy the one you've found?

Two things You told me
That You are strong
And You love me
Yes, You love me

Your love is...
Your love is...
Your love is strong

Our God in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy name above all names.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us wicked sinners.
Lead us far away from our vices,
and deliver us from these prisons.

[jonforeman.yourloveisstrong]

1 comment:

  1. I definitely read the passages referenced here yesterday. God cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete