Sunday, January 17

my best friend.

this is my best friend: katie lee. katie is...encouraging, joyful, and understanding. the way the Lord uses katie in my life has forever changed me. the things she says inspire me, and she often doesn't even realize it. but they do. katie has inspired me, and maybe the things that she has said will inspire you too. this is for you, best friend :)
- "God told me this a couple weeks ago, Megan. He wants me to tell it to you now: 'She's going to hate this...but I wish she would just trust Me." [june 16, 2009]
- "I know it's hard, but that's life, you know? God's plan isn't always what's easy, but it's what He wants and you gotta trust Him! Surely you know by now that what God wants usually doesn't go with what we want, but it ends up being way better." [june 2009]
- "You wanna heal? Here's how to heal: train yourself not to think about it, but when you do think about it: pray! Don't Facebook stalk. Read the Bible. Listen to podcasts; especially Francis Chan. At night, pray for everyone. That's how you heal." [june 18, 2009]
- "'When things get hard, we can't look into ourselves. That is not how God intended us to heal. We heal by considering outhers more important that ourselves.' -Francis Chan. Humility is thinking about the needs of others more than the needs of myself. 'Poor me,' only makes us more broken and depressed. Even when things are difficult, we need to look to others." [september 14, 2009]
- "Every little thing is going to be okay." [september 17, 2009]
- "I'm praying for you, girl. God is faithful, His love never fails. I am so proud of you and I know God is doing amazing things with you. I am so blessed to konw you and have you as a friend and sister. You never cease to amaze and inspire me. God works and speaks to me through you all the time. I love you, girl, and I hate to see you hurting." [november 26, 2009]
- "Remember to stay focused and remember why you are there. God is everywhere so don't forget to stop every once in a while to admire Him and thank Him for every moment. He gives you, even the though ones. 'It gives God honor when we try to do something impossible.' -Rick Warren." [june 18, 2009]
- "God made you perfect just the way you are :]" [january 11, 2010]

No comments:

Post a Comment