Tuesday, December 13

come on, let's wash each other.

of course i have it all together.
and i'll make sure to upkeep that image every second.
i deserve to be here.
i am good.
I am good.
I am good.
especially when i keep my mind and heart numb.
nothing can touch me now.
pure bliss.
i am worthy.
I am worthy.
I am worthy.

but sometimes, i get tired.
tired of fighting.
tired of perfection.
because, ultimately, i know i'm lying.
and i think they know i'm lying.
because i know they're all lying, too.
but we all continue living in our deception.
broken, exhausted liars.

what if we all just stopped?
what if we were just honest.
with ourselves and with others.

what would you write up on your wall?
I AM THE ADULTEROUS WOMAN.

i don't know about you,
but i think i might be done pretending.
i'm too tired.
and i've seen a glimpse of what happens
when you let your wall down,
and it's a beautiful thing.

so come, let's wash each other.
with tears of joy and tear of grief.
and fold our lives like crashing waves
and run up on this beach.
come and and sew us together.
we're just some tattered rags stained forever.
we only have what we remember.


2 comments:

  1. so so so so good. i needed to hear this. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful post. Very encouraging to me in this time of life.

    I wish you blessings.

    ReplyDelete