Monday, April 4

grey.

please stop with all these emotions
they're eating me alive
they're taking over and pulling forward
and leaving all my thoughts behind.
i don't know what i think
i only know what i feel
but i don't know if i can trust these feelings
i think they're blurring what is real.
because people seem to be changing
right in front of my very eyes
and nothing makes sense anymore
just overwhelmed through my cries.
i wish i could talk about it
i really do
but i don't think anyone would truly understand
not even you.
which is the source of all this confusion
because i'm the type that can't contain
but these thoughts and these emotions
are still locked inside my brain.
my brain is a funny thing
it tells me how to both think and to feel
which is why i think i can't sort out the two
which are lies and which are real.
maybe i'll just wait for this to pass
yes, i think that's what i'll do
maybe all these thoughts and emotions
will eventually lead me back to you.
i hope and pray for nothing less
because i promise, my heart you have not lost
my confusion might stop me from showing it
and i'm sorry for the guilt that it's caused.
i know i don't speak up when i should
and i know you wish that i would
but sometimes these thoughts fool me
and tell me that the silence makes me good.
but i see it breaks your heart
and it's breaking mine, too
i promise i'm trying, just look in my eyes
hear all that they tell you.
i know the distance makes it hard
and i don't look up to show
but i'm scared of what you'll see sometimes
because of all that i don't know.
i know better than any that words aren't enough
and they alone won't bring us through
so i wait for the day that our hearts collide
and the miles close to you.
maybe that's the truth that i've been searching for
my thoughts and feelings laid bare
i don't know what comes next
but, my love, please know that i'll be there.

4 comments:

  1. um, excuse me ma'am, did you write that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you deserve some kind of award or something. its so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, thank you! very much just me trying to sort out thoughts/feelings the best way i now how.

    ReplyDelete