Thursday, October 28

my past year.

i am a planner. i always have been. i plan out my day, my week, my month, my life. a year ago, i had each step of my life planned out. i knew how everything would play out, and how my life would look at the point that i am now currently in. but my year was much different than i planned...


i am going to a school that i swore i would never go to because it was "just a public school" and i was only looking at $30,000+ small, private universities.

i ended up in a group of friends that i love dearly and don't know what i would do without.

i drink coffee. (kind of).

i had my heart broken into more pieces than i saw possible to repair.

i won honorable mention in a photo contest. (more on that to come).

my family unexpectedly lost a dearly loved one.

i had a song written for me.

the Lord taught me more about faithfulness, brokenness, joy, and peace than i thought possible.

i'm a psychology major.

some of my closest friends are a girl i've known for seven years, but was never friends with, a boy who didn't speak my language when i first met him, and a girl from cedar falls, iowa.

i finally accepted the healing that i had been refusing for far too long.

i started a blog!...and then another blog!

i fell in love with a boy that was only supposed to be my best friend.

grey became one of my favorite colors. (not important, i'm aware. but i still think it's weird having a shade of black as one of your favorite colors).

i'm working with a hippie, an artist, and an activist to create a peace studies minor at truman state university.

my best friend lives four hundred and sixty-six miles away from me, yet still calls me after watching greys anatomy and tells me how we're totally meredith & christina.

i smile a lot more than i ever have.


plans are great. they help keep you on track and focused. but if the Lord puts something else in your path...screw plans! He knows way better than you do.


and always have no regrets. ;)

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA :) MEGAN!!! this is an amazing blogpost. God has done so much with you!! and there is even more on the way! love it. You are such an encouragement in my life and i love the way you just go get things. you see something you want done and you do it. even really big, crazy things. I am truly honored to be your soulmate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this Megan....a lot...

    ReplyDelete