Friday, September 24

my God is just.

i've missed writing. a lot. so i've been praying that the Lord give me passion for something to write about and share. and He did more than just give me a topic....He moved my heart in big ways. i hope He moves yours too...

injustice. we see it all over our world. we see it in genocides, trafficking, and world hunger. we know these issues exist, but we usually try to push them to the back of our minds. because they make us sick to think about. but when we do that, we're missing the point. these issues should disgust us. they should break our hearts. our hearts need to be broken. because until our hearts are broken, these injustices will remain. they will thrive because no one is brave enough to let these problems affect them. be brave. do what's not easiest. fight for something. because when we push these issues to the side to sustain our comfort, we ourselves are being unjust.

"He has told you, o man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of your but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" [micah six:eight].

2 comments:

  1. One of my students was saying she heard a story about a girl who sold her daughter for some outrageously small price. I don't know if it was in our area or somewhere else, but I took the moment to a) think about you and your passion for this injustice, and b) to tell my kids that it is a problem that still exists. Keep fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome, lyndsey! i actually just gave a speech this week on child sex trafficking in the u.s. and my main point about what we can do was advocacy. the biggest obstacle this issue faces is that it's such a black market and not enough people know the facts. so way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete