Saturday, December 26

grey matter:
my friend peter called me today and when i said, "how are you?" he said, "i'm trying, actively, to renew my faith and my hope and my joy and my optimism. they've all gone missing, which is not okay with me." i love peter. i love that when his faith goes missing, he doesn't sit and feel sorry for himself. he goes turning over rocks and stones, looking for it. he prays and he calls friends and he says out loud what he's feeling. which, in itself, demonstrates that his faith is not as far away as he imagines. that's the feeling i hope this episode left you with...
that miracles are possible.
that a simple song can lift your spirits.
that speaking your truth,
or opening your checkbook,
or offering a simple apology,
or making an attempt to understand another's point of view
can turn your whole day or your whole year around.
that life doesn't always happen the way we hope or plan
but that that doesn't matter.
how we greet what life throws our way is all that matters.
"do not waste yourself in rejection; do not bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good." -ralph waldo emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment